Monday, May 30, 2011

Home again and a new Sponsor!

Hello everyone,

I am home after 16 days in the US.
I had a great trip home. It was great to see friends and family, and meet some new friends. I met a big fluffy puppy that eats rocks, a big white dog named polar, and his brother who should be named Alpine but who answers to Big Al. All three are the newest members of the Mornington Crescent gang. Caroline and Andy have there hands full with those big fluffies.

I got to spend 4 full days with my grandma and that was wonderful.

I have been back for almost a week. The dogs are all looking great. Kaia has done a wonderful job taking care of the dogs while I was gone. They all look sleek and happy, just like they should.

Orion has officially retired and moved to life as best friend to a 2 year old and couch potato.

Soka and Langbein have been busy making puppies. I was up to Hjerkinn yesterday to pick Soka up from Øyvind Mortensens. Øyvind cooked great food, we took a sauna, and went out training some dogs.
I managed to sneak a dog away from Øyvind for the winter. Miss is her name. She is still settling in and a little unsure, but we are sure she will be fine in a few days.
She's a small gal so I was able to sneak her away in my jacket...

We are hoping to start training again within the next few months. We are waiting for the last of the dogs that are not ours to leave, and then we will be going full blast with our own dogs and our own programs!

We are pleased to announce that Ropphaugen Huskies has gotten a new Sponsor. Cody Strathe of Dog Paddle Designs will be sending an awesome sled over to us this summer. We are very excited to be working with Cody and we are sure that we will turn some heads with these awesome new sleds he is making! Barry will be racing the Dog Paddle Designs sled this winter.
For you norwegian sport fans, Cody will be at the Hakadal Seminar in August. Come and see his sleds and meet the man behind the magic.
Check out Cody's website here

Since Kaia and I will be racing at the same time, Kaia will be driving another sled. She will be running with a Tera sled made by Slovakian LGO champion Milos Gonda.

I hope everyone is having a great summer.

Cheers, Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment